Monday, June 14, 2010

Apple Candles







Over at Cute and Some, the showcase challenge this week is to alter a candle. I had two small apple scented candles already, so I thought I would use them. I wanted to glass etch on the first one, because I haven't tried that before. I wish you could see it a little better, but I don't think it showed up great in the photos. Anyways, I used the negative image of the vinyl to do the glass etching. When I finished that one, I decided to use the actual vinyl cuts on the other candle. This way, I did not waste any of the vinyl and I had two different candles. I tied a little piece of ribbon around each of them to dress them up a little bit more.

Be sure to check out Audrey's blog this week to see all of the other entries into this week's showcase and all of her great projects. http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Mad Fat Girl said...

I never would have thought of that! Super cute!

2 Ducky said...

Goodluck on the showcase. Looks wonderful! Super duper cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, I love-love-love it!!! I am so elated that you're enjoying the showcases!!! I think we're all having fun!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

thank you trying etching and a candle creation! They are fabulous!

Unknown said...

What cute candles!! I would not have thought to etch a jar with a candle already in it! I love how you used your discarded vinyl too!

Thanks for playing at cuteandsome!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, of course you have an award on my blog to pick up for this fantastic candle project!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for playing with us again and again! It just makes me feel wonderful when I see you've entered a project!!!

Love ya!