Monday, September 13, 2010

Doesn't this make you smile

Every year, George paints Kaylee pumpkins with whatever she chooses, but when she was a baby he just made her smiley face ones. Melissa called me last week and said Kaylee was looking through her scrapbook from when she was a baby and she saw Halloween pictures with a baby pumpkin smiling and she loved it. She wanted to call and ask Gogo (that is what she calls her Uncle George) would he please make her another one. So, we went and got a plastic pumpkin and he painted it for her, this way she will be able to keep this one forever. Now, we will have to wait and see what she comes up with for him to paint on her real pumpkins. (I say pumpkins because she always asks for more than one. Last year, she asked for a cat and a Lego Luke Skywalker (she is specific about what she wants). Here is a pic of the ones from last year and also Elvis is in the middle, he was for my grandmother. I will have more pictures of different painted pumpkins to share during the 31 days of Horror that I am going to be doing starting October 1st here on the blog. If you missed the post about that, I will be having a Halloween project every day of October and also be doing a few giveaways as well.

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Jean, these are just amazing! Did I smile? Not only am I smiling, I am laughing hysterically! Those pumpkins have made my day! Thank you!!!

Georgiana said...

Wow! We used to do character pumpkins in school as a project, but with the economy we had to stop. Yours are wonderful. I can't wait for the 31 days of Horror!

Georgiana :)

Jean said...

Thanks Elizabeth, I will go check it out now.

Stacy said...

Jean,
I love the pumpkins.
Thanks for sharing
Stacy

Nicole said...

Too cute! She will treasure these pumpkin memories forever!

Nicole

2 Ducky said...

Those are amazing. Gogo is so talented! LOL! Very cute, they'll truly be special memories for her.

Lisa said...

I love the Elvis pumpkin.