Sunday, September 19, 2010

Placemat Pouches

My sister Britney had the idea to make little pouches out of placemats. Originally, she sewed a couple of them, but then we decided to make them without having to use the sewing machine and they are just as durable.

You will need a placemat (you can get any design as long as it is square shape, so it will fold up into a pouch), Liquid Stitch or No Sew, Velcro and some scissors.

You need to fold your placemat up about 3/4 of the way down to get the positioning.
Now, you will need to add the liquid stitch to where your fold will be. Make sure you put a generous amount down. Then you need to refold the bottom and press down firmly. Hold in place for a few minutes until the liquid stitch is set.

After you have the pouch part, you will need to cut and add the velcro to the top so your flap can fold over and close your pouch. (You can also just use one strip in the center if you prefer as you will see in one of the pouches below)
Here is what your completed pouch will look like.
Here are two that my sister put together.
This Halloween one is holding some Halloween bows.
This one she made for me with the black and white swirls. I use it to hold my glitter and opaque markers by Martha Stewart.
Here is a picture where you can see the inside a little more.
Be sure to check back during the 31 days of Horror, because a skeleton pouch like shown above will be included in one of the giveaways I will be doing during that time.


I am linking these up to the Craft-O-Maniac Monday link party.  I just found this blog and there are tons of great projects there and you can link projects on Mondays which gives you lots of inspiration from other crafters as well. Be sure to check it out here: http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/
I am also linking up to Making the World Cuter as well.  Another great blog that I just found that has great projects and Monday links as well.  Be sure to check it out here. http://makingtheworldcuter.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, how creative! I love it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun pouches!

Unknown said...

Darling crafts you have. I love the placemat pouches. I totally have that skeley one. Thanks for sharing, and linking up too. Jen

the cape on the corner said...

so cute! i love that leaf placemat!