Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 21 of Halloween Projects: Crepe Paper Wreath

For Day 21, the project for today is a Crepe Paper Wreath.  This technique could also be used to make a wreath in other colors for different occasions as well.
For this wreath, I started out with a floral wreath from the Dollar Store.  This is one of the foam wreaths that is covered in plastic when you purchase it.
I wanted it to be a little more rounded, so I sanded down the edges to give it more of the shape I was looking for.
Next, I took black crepe paper and wrapped it around the wreath to cover it.  I used pins to attach it around the back.
Next, I took the rest of the crepe paper and made 4 inch strips.  Depending on how full you want the wreath to be, will determine how many strips you will need.
Now, you take the strips and fold them into loops to attach around your wreath.  I used small pins to attach these to the wreath.  You can place them however you like and they should cover up the pins as well as you place more around the wreath.
Once your wreath is fully covered, you may have a few pins showing, but they can be easily covered up when you decorate it.  Add embellishments however you like.  I wanted my wreath to be a little spooky, so I used some plastic skull heads (came in a bag from the Dollar Store) and some glitter spider confetti (came from Party City) to decorate mine.  You wil need to hot glue the decorations to the wreath so they will stay put.  I then used a thin black ribbon and pinned it to the wreath to be able to hang it.  The wreath is very light, so you don't need thick ribbon at all.

3 comments:

sucor said...

Another great project! Thanks for sharing this!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, this is another WONDERFUL project!!! I love it!

Lisa said...

The skulls are my favorite part.