Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another Necklace

Well, I have been doing a little more jewelry making again.  I think this turned out pretty cute and sort of vintage looking. 

 I started out by drawing three freehand circles on a piece of felt.  (Make one a little larger than the others) Then, I cut them out. (Sorry about the lighting in these pics, not sure what was going on with the camera)

 Next, I took lace that was on a roll (came from the ribbon dept. at Hobby Lobby) and began twisting it around the felt.  I used hot glue to attach it as I wrapped it around the felt.
 Once it was fully wrapped and began to look like a flower, I added a small pearl to the center with the hot glue.
 Now, do this three times and then get your chain to make the necklace.  I measured the chain to the length that I wanted my necklace.
 Next, I hot glued all three of my flowers together.
 Now, I hot glued the chain to the back of the flowers. 
 Finally, I added a jump ring and latch to the necklace to finish it off.

4 comments:

Minta's Creations said...

Awesome! I'm going to have to try this..Love this idea!
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Angi Barrs said...

This is so pretty Jean. You have the best ideas. :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty, these would make great card embellishments too!

Besthobbyeva said...

You are very, very crafty. You do so many different thing. Awesome job here and I agree with Cari, you could use as embellishments too.