Friday, July 29, 2011

Coca Cola Bottlecap Sign

My friend's son collects Coca Cola stuff and they recently painted an area in his room to look like a brick wall to display his collection on.  So, I decided to make him something for it for his birthday.  I found this pan at the thrift store that reminded me of a large bottlecap and I decided to refurbish it.  I added some red spray paint and then I used SCAL with the Cricut and white vinyl to cut out the Coca Cola logo.  The logo is from the Famous Logos dingbats.

Here is what the pan looked like to begin with.  I am going to be on the lookout for more of these.
I am linking this up here:
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

13 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

oh how clever this would look awesome in my kitchen its coke also. ha you are so talented.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great Jean! He is sure to love this!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, this is blowing my mind!!! It looks great--like a real bottle cap!!! What a fantastic idea this was!!! No doubt he'll love this!!!

Jen said...

Too cool, Jean! He's gonna love it!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...so crafty clever Jean. This is one of my fave projects of yours. :)

Besthobbyeva said...

I am telling you, only you would see this pan and make it into something fabulous!! I am sure he will just love this. So awesome!!! Great, great idea!!

Laurie

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great idea! You're so creative. thanks for sharing.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

This is really great!! I also collect Coke things, what a super idea...Now I gotta keep an eye out for a pan like that!

Georgiana said...

My husband would absolutely love this too. He is a major Coca Cola fan.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Dawn said...

Awesome idea! Very clever of you. Amazing what we can find at thrift stores. Have a great day...

Kathryn said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
Your friend's son must have been bowled over :0)
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Lisa said...

Cute idea.