Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lollipop Challenge at CWC: Design Team Project

It Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at Cooking with Cricut.  Today is National Lollipop Day, so we are challenge you to use your cricut and create a project with a lollipop this week.  Be sure to head over and check out all of the design team projects and enter your project here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/,

For my project, I decided to do something a little different and make a layout using a picture from The Wizard of Oz.  Who doesn't love The Lollipop Guild. I found this picture on photobucket and printed it out for my layout.  I then used pink vinyl and the Robotz Cricut Cartridge to cut my title.  Once it was on the page, I outlined it in black.  For my lollipop, I used the Mini Monsters Cartridge for the circle and swirl, then added a real popsicle stick and some swirly ribbon.  I used glitter paper for the swirl on my lollipop and glued the swirly ribbon down around the page.

Also, you probably remember the lollipop card that I made a few weeks ago for my sister.  Kaylee wanted me to make her one after she saw Britney's, so I made her a little lollipop also and wrapped it in a celophane bag like the cards I made before.  Here is the one I made for her.

6 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

what a cute layout and card

Jen said...

Jean this is just too cute (and funny)! The Lollipop Guild always cracks me up when we watch The Wizard of Oz. Great job!

~ Jen

Angi Barrs said...

This is so super cute. Love the Wizard of Oz. That lollipop is adorable.

Besthobbyeva said...

So cute,I love it!!

Laurie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great Lolly-pop!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Cute lollipops! Ooh, that Lollipop Guild used to creep me out so bad!! They still do-it's their hair and expressions. But I love the LO DESPITE them, LOL.